A Practice Indemnity policy is essential to the health of your practice as:
- The risks of the practice entity are not the same as the risks of healthcare practitioners and therefore require different cover.
- Your risk exposures as a practice owner are not necessarily within your control, for example staff errors and system failures.
- National registration requires certain healthcare professionals to have professional indemnity insurance.
MDA National Insurance’s Practice Indemnity policy covers:
- Civil Liability including defence costs.
- Notifiable conduct protection (whistle-blower protection).
- Unintentional breaches of privacy.
- Good Samaritan Acts.
- Defence costs for intellectual property disputes.
- Defence costs for defamation.
- Defence costs for trade practices claims.
- Protection for principals and partners.
Subject to the standard terms, conditions and exclusions of the MDA National Insurance’s Practice Indemnity policy.
If you would like to know more about Practice Indemnity Covers, please call 1300 763 766 or Get a Quote.